On 14 September 2017 ePLAN organizes a workshop for researchers and policy makers on FAIR data. FAIR data refers to data being Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable, with the goal to make science more transparent, efficient and accessible. For more info and registration, please click here.
New Humanities call
The eScience Center and CLARIAH have launched a new call: Accelerating Scientific Discovery in the Arts and Humanities.
The purpose of this Call for Proposals is to enable researchers working in the Arts and Humanities to address compute-intensive and/or data-driven problems within their research and to contribute to a generic and sustainable eScience infrastructure.
The deadline for the mandatory proposal abstract is 15 November 2016, 14:00 CET and the deadline for full proposals is 16 December 2016, 14:00 CET. More information can be found here.
ePLAN report on Dutch ICT infrastructure
The final report on the ePLAN survey on the national ICT-infrastructure is now available! Download here (PDF) or visit the survey results page.
European sister organization meets DG Research & Innovation
PLAN-E, the European sister-organization to ePLAN, officially met with R.J. Smits, DG Research&Innovation, during the ESFRI Roadmap Update launch event!
Workshops on national ICT infrastructure
Four workshops on the national ICT infrastructure have taken place at the eScience Center in Amsterdam, around the topics:
- Life Sciences&eHealth (19 January 2016)
- Physics and beyond (25 January 2016)
- Environment&Sustainability (28 January 2016)
- Humanities&Social Sciences (20 January 2016)
The results from these workshops can be found under Documents.
This year’s activities encompass:
- Writing a White paper on Software Sustainability (in conjunction with the Alliance for Software Sustainability)
- Exchanging information on national courses, workshops and schools on eScience and Data Research and finding white spots in education
- Exchanging information on software and tools to enricht the eScience Technology Platform
- Contribute to the annual national eScience Symposium 2016.
You must be logged in to post a comment.